Sunday 10 May 2015

A quiet spell

Not much seen during my last few visits, but highlights have been a couple of tundra Ringed Plover on the 7th and a 2nd summer Yellow-legged Gull on the 6th.

The gull was unexpected, as May is not generally a good month for these.  Its bare parts were particularly bright.


 
 
The Ringed Plovers were present all day on the 7th, but I wasn't able to get there until late in the day after work , so my record shot is particularly bad in poor light:
 


After a quick but fruitless visit yesterday morning, I decided to go and see the Greater Yellowlegs in Hampshire.  I was especially pleased to see this bird turn up again, as I had dipped it about 3 weeks ago.  A nice and confiding Bonaparte's Gull was also on offer in Southampton, so a pleasant afternoon all round:



No comments:

Post a Comment