Tuesday 22 April 2014

Wader Passage!

April 22nd - I wasn't able to visit in the morning, but made a quick lunchtime visit.  The warm and damp air had a good passage feel to it and I would have liked to have stayed longer.  However, there had been an arrival of waders, unfortunately they were all Dunlin, 7 of them.  I shouldn't say unfortunately really, as this is a good sized flock for the site.  The birds were mostly in summer plumage, with one or two still largely winter.  They were quite settled when I arrive, but were becoming much more flighty when I left.  A poor record (bad light conditions!) of 5 of the flock below:


In addition, a single LRP was on the spit and the Common Terns had increased to 14, though sadly they didn't contain any scarcer terns amongst them.

A Reed Warbler singing from the reeds at the base of the spit was another year tick.

No comments:

Post a Comment