Wednesday 3 July 2013

Another Wood Sand

3rd July - I had a spare 10 minutes on the way home from work before I had to go out, so I popped into the pit hoping for some Blackwits.  I met Alan S in the car park, so decided to leave my scope in the boot, as I had just found a Scarlet Tiger moth fluttering around on the inside of the back windscreen and didn't want to lose it - no idea how that got in there or from where.  Anyway, as we got to the bench I had a scan round with the bins and said to Alan, "what's that wader in front of the island, is it a Green Sand?"  It seemed too dainty and bobbing too actively, so I had my suspicions that it was in fact another Wood Sand.  Luckily Alan let me use his scope and sure enough, it was.  Another nice adult Wood Sand, the third this year and the second in 10 days, remarkable!

I didn't have time to check for anything else and was scopeless anyway, so had to leave.  If it's still there tomorrow, I'll hopefully get a record shot.  Should get one of the Scarlet Tiger too, as that's now safely potted up.

No comments:

Post a Comment