Saturday 5 January 2013

Casp in Gull Roost

5th January - having failed to see the 1st winter female Scaup on the Roach pit or environs on Wednesday, I wasn't too surprised when LGRE called to say it was still there today, so I paid a quick visit this afternoon to find it showing well.

Little Marlow GP is still very wet, though the water level had dropped slightly since mid week.  I only had time to watch the gull roost and was pleased when the regular male 1st winter Caspian Gull arrived just before 4pm.  The long staying male Shelduck was still present, though the earlier wintering Green Sand and Little Egret could not be found.  GBB Gulls numbered in excess of 20 birds, but little else of note, apart from a group of about 40 Fieldfare over presumably to roost late on and the regular throng of roosting Jackdaws.

Whilst on site, the other regulars who were watching from the bench had a female Pintail fly over - unfortunately I missed this from my view point - I'm sure there will be others!

No comments:

Post a Comment